SikaBond®-T8 is a one part elastic tile-adhesive.
- 1-part, ready to use
- Fast curing
- Reduce noise transmission, damps footfall sound
- Bonding directly onto old ceramic tiles
- Adhesion to various substrates
- Reduces stress on the substrate: the elastic adhesive reduces transverse stress between tiles and substrate
- Waterproofing and Bonding with only one product
- Compensation for substrate unevenness
- SikaBond®-T8 is an adhesive to waterproof your tile floor.
- SikaBond-T8 builds a waterproof layer and bonds ceramic tiles on concrete, mortar and old existing tiles.
- For balconies, terraces, loggias, kitchens, bathrooms and other areas exposed to water.
1. Waterproofing Layer:
- ~ 2.0 - 2.7 kg/m2 with metal trowel in a layer about 2 mm thick (depending on substrate quality)
2. Bonding Layer
- ~ 1.5 kg/m2 with notched trowel (notches min. 4 x 4 mm / min. trowel C1)
- For substrates prepared with Sika Primer MB, the consumption of SikaBond-T8 is lower.
- Substrate Quality Clean and dry, homogeneous, even, free from grease, oil, dust and loose particles.
- Paint, laitance and other poorly adhering particles must be removed.
- Substrate quality can be improved with Sika Primer MB.
Substrate Preparation Concrete / cement screed:
- Must be ground and thoroughly cleaned with industrial vacuum cleaner.
- Anhydrite screed / Anhydrite flowable screed:
- Must be ground and thoroughly cleaned with industrial vacuum cleaner shortly
- before bonding starts.
Broadcast mastic asphalt:
- Must be primed with Sika® Primer MB.
Glazed ceramic and old tiles (ceramics, stones, marbels, synthetic stones):
- Degrease, clean with SikaCleaner® or grind the tile-surface and clean thoroughly with an industrial vacuum cleaner.
SikaBond®-T8 can be used without priming on cement floors, anhydrite floors, chip boards, concrete and ceramic tiles.
For broadcast mastic asphalt, cement floors in case of renovation on old adhesive residues and on structurally weak substrates use Sika® Primer MB.